Job Title : Head of Client Relations Reporting To : Director of Partnerships & Private Lease
The Head of Client Relation’s primary responsibility is the retention, growth, management of service levels and profitability of our existing customers (fleets >10 vehicles). This is a senior role with the potential to develop further within the company.
To deliver these objectives a key requirement in the role will be the ability to coach and lead the relationship managers so that they are delivering their role objectives to the highest level. This will involve developing and managing the strategy to have the team focused on our customers. The Head of Client Relations will need to ensure we are meeting our SLA’s and adding value to our customers by consulting on best practices. Success will be measured through defined KPIs in fleet retention, fleet growth, cross selling, profitability, gaining efficiencies and customer engagement. In addition to leading the team, the Head of Client Relations may take the lead on managing some of our larger strategic corporate accounts personally.
- Overall responsibility for the fleet retention, incremental growth, anciliary products and profitability targets of our customer base (fleets >10 vehicles).
- Develop the strategy for the team and manage the team performance to ensure the KPI’s and SLA’s for the team are achieved.
- Provide coaching to the relationship managers to ensure they are delivering ‘best in class’ strategic account management.
- Manage customer allocation across the team.
- Report on performance against all targets and take responsibility for implementing corrective action plans where necessary.
- Ensure your team are operating effectively, following processes & procedures with a focus on being efficient and getting tasks right first time.
- Take an active role in implementing & managing our customer experience ambitions for your department.
- Collaboratively work with other departments & managers to ensure a consistent level of customer service is delivered.
- Have a passion to remain up-dated on the Fleet Industry generally to support strategy development and consultation with our customers.
- Have a strong commercial awareness to support business decisions, understand business & customer profitability and support strategic development.
Growth & Retention
- Develop a deep understanding of the client base within your portfolio to include;
- Fleet size & opportunities
- New business increment opportunities
- Customer categories & sectors
- Market Impact on customers
- All key stakeholders
- Manage the tender process and advise on rate book pricing for this customer base
- Interact with ALD internationally as required on IKA’s and industry & business initiatives
- Report systematically and knowledgably on performance against all these key targets
- Instill a culture within your team to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders within portfolio. This ranges from business executive level, to procurement managers, to daily fleet contacts.
- Identify key strategic contacts within the portfolio where you will also need to develop relationships and be able to interact at a senior level and be the escalation point when required.
- Ensure there is a schedule of planned customer reviews for the database that forms part of our strategic account management. Generally, review meetings should include;
- A review of the performance of our services for the customer
- Current fleet overview and any recommendations
- Cost saving initiatives/opportunities
- Industry up-dates / best practice advice
- Health & Safety
- Training clients on self-service initiatives e.g. reporting tools, driver apps
- Discussion on customer business performance to identify other possible business opportunities and support credit review
- Efficiency opportunities and use of Portal
- Consider & identify customers that should be included in any customer events/entertainment opportunities
- Ensure the team have credit limits and AML requirements in place for our customers to ensure smooth operation of our services. This requires the ability to consider creditworthiness of customers and completion of a credit application.
- Work effectively with other functions within the business to ensure an exceptional customer experience while also educating customers how to engage with support functions within ALD to receive optimum service.
- Overview our customer satisfaction scores and take responsibility and ownership of any customer complaints / issues from your portfolio (outside customer care).
- Ensure that all documentation & information requirements from customers is both completed and collected accurately (right first time) from customers prior to hand over to operations. Also ensure that you adhere to all agreed process & procedures.
- Keep the CRM system (Salesforce) for customers fully up to date on an on-going and timely basis.
- 5 years relationship management and consultative selling skills experience.
- People management experience having previously managed a team.
- Ambitious and passionate in developing a team of relationship managers and managing strategic corporate accounts.
- Proven experience of motivating a team to succeed and deliver on deadlines and monthly targets.
- Strong Commercial Acumen.
- Experience in selling financial leasing products a benefit.
- An understanding of formal procurement / tender processes with experience in proposal / tender writing.
- Disciplined in following processes & procedures with the ability to identify process improvements.
- A keen interest in industry developments, market intelligence and the fleet industry to enable you to add real value to customer discussions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to adapt your style to suit the situation.
- Organised and structured.
- Strong IT literacy and strong proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Full Clean Driving license.