Job Title: Relationship Manager Reporting to: Head of Client Relations
ALD Automotive are growing and adding to our commercial team.
Reporting to the Head of Client Relations, the Relationship Manager will execute and deliver on the commercial plan and targets in respect of the retention, growth and profitability of our fleet leasing business with a portfolio of existing customers.
This is an existing business consultative sales role that requires the candidate to be driven and passionate about retaining, growing and selling to existing customers. The candidate must have a natural ability to form and nurture multiple relationships with key stakeholders within each customer.
The successful applicant must have an interest and understanding of their customers’ business, industry and challenges. A key objective is understanding and being able to present how ALD’s business solutions can help their businesses. In effect they need to become their customer’s trusted fleet advisor.
This role is suited to people who are self-motivated to achieve challenging but rewarding monthly business targets. We are looking for someone who can exploit their exceptional relationship and consultative sales skills for successful results.
Growth & Retention;
- Develop a deep understanding of the corporate client base within your portfolio to include;
- Fleet size
- New business increment opportunities
- Customer categories & sectors
- All key stakeholders
- Own & manage the fleet retention, incremental growth, cross selling and profitability targets of their customer portfolio
- Manage the tender process and advise on rate book pricing for this customer base
- Report systematically and knowledgably on performance against all these key targets
- A key requirement is to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders within your portfolio. This ranges from business executive level to procurement managers to daily fleet contacts
- Have a schedule of planned customer reviews for your database that forms part of your strategic account management. Generally, review meetings should include;
- A review of the performance of our services for the customer
- Current fleet overview and any recommendations
- Cost saving initiatives/opportunities
- Industry up-dates / best practice advice
- Health & Safety
- Training clients on self-service initiatives e.g. reporting tools, driver apps
- Discussion on customer business performance to identify other possible business opportunities and support credit review.
- Consider & identify customers that should be included in any customer events/entertainment opportunities
- Ensure you have credit limits and AML requirements in place for your customers to ensure smooth operation of our services. This requires the ability to consider creditworthiness of customers and completion of a credit application
- Work effectively with other functions within the business to ensure an exceptional customer experience while also educating customers how to engage with support functions within ALD to receive optimum service
- Overview our customer satisfaction scores and take responsibility and ownership of any customer complaints / issues from your portfolio (outside customer care)
- Ensure that all documentation & information requirements from customers is both completed and collected accurately (right first time) from customers prior to hand over to operations. Also ensure that you adhere to all agreed procedures
- Keep the CRM system (Salesforce) for customer fully up to date on an on-going and timely basis
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in senior corporate account management
- Excellent relationship management and consultative selling skills
- Experience in selling financial leasing products a benefit
- An understanding of formal procurement / tender processes, and experience in proposal / tender writing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to adapt your style to suit the situation
- Proven ability to deliver to deadlines and monthly targets
- Self-motivated, energetic and driven
- Organised and well structured
- Ambitious and looking for progression
- Interested in keeping fully up to date with industry developments, market intelligence and the evolution of the fleet industry to enable you to add real value to customer discussions
- Strong IT literacy and strong proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Full Clean Driving license